I have been meaning to make a quilt for Tony for quite a while, but stuff just keeps getting in the way. I’ve finally started cutting squares for it!
And I realise part of the reason why I’ve not felt *too* bad about this project being on the perpetual back burner: I need a lot of squares for this quilt. Tony is quite tall – atleast compared to me! ;-) So to make sure the quilt will cover him, and not leave his toes in the cold, I need some 280-300 4″ squares. So.Much.Cutting. And yes, yes, I could have used larger squares.
But I wanted to use this quilt as an opportunity to use up smaller bits of fabric that has otherwise just been sitting unused. So 4″ squares it is.
As well as using up random bits in my stash I am also using a few of my favourite prints, fabric I have been gifted and some of Tony’s old workshirts. Even a few of my own Spoonflower samples – sadly, they are not big enough for more than one square of each.
I am really excited about how everything is going to play together. I like the idea that it is going to be quite scrappy. That feels very quilt-y. :-)