I wish I lived closer to Oxford so I could go see this exhibition at Ashmolean Museum there.
From the exhibition description:
These remarkable embroideries include colourful raised and flatwork pictoral panels, beautiful samplers and household items such as boxes and cushions and dress accessories including caps, coifs and gloves.
The exhibition will explore the context in which these dramatic and technically exacting works were made, examining their importance in creating the ideal goodly and godly woman through the discipline of painstaking embroidery, reinforcing both social status and appropriate behaviour.
Exquisite objects in their own right made with colourful silks, pearls, and semi-precious stones, the embroideries also reflect the religious, political and social concerns of the English Civil War period.
Doesn’t that sound cool? :-) The exhibition ends on October 12th.
The Ashmolean has kindly offered a pair of tickets to giveaway, so one of you lucky peeps can go see it with a friend!
Giveaway rulez – please read them carefully.
*Anyone can enter the giveaway. However, since this is for an exhibition in England, please only enter if you will actually be able to go. You are welcome to enter if you will be visiting the UK – and will be able to go to Oxford of course – if you’re visiting Scotland, for example, Oxford isn’t exactly just around the corner.. ;-)
* The giveaway closes on Friday, September 12 at 11am UK time.
* To enter, leave a comment on this post. Both comments left via the Disqus and the native Blogger commenting systems are accepted.
* In the rare case that you are unable to leave a comment via either, you can also enter by emailing me. But please give the comments a couple of tries atleast. Closing and opening the browser also helps sometimes. And you may be able to enter via a different device like a mobile phone or tablet.
* There must always be an easy, straightforward way to contact you if you’re the winner of the giveaway. Email address, Twitter @, Instagram @, Flickr name or a link to your blog where I can easily find your email address. I will not notify the winner via a comment on your blog.
* Anonymous entries can not be accepted.
* One person = one comment = one entry. You can’t get extra entries by tweeting a link to the giveaway post, liking on Facebook or by any other means.
* Prize can not be exchanged for cash.
*Tickets are not transferable, they will be printed with the winner’s name.
* Will be drawn at random and will be notified by email or other contact method left in the giveaway entry.
* Has one week to reply to the notification. If I haven’t heard from them by that time, I will pick another winner.
* Will be announced on the blog shortly after the end of the giveaway.
Good luck! x