When I made my new sketching bag, I wildly overestimated how much fabric I would need to quilt so I have plenty left over to make some other projects. So when I was tidying after making the bag, the obvious thing to do was to stop mid-tidy and make a needlebook. Obviously. :-)
On the left side I used the contrast fabric from the bag to make a pocket. It’s just large enough for my DMC embroidery scissors. The ‘leaves’ for the needles and pins is just a rectangle of unbleached cotton edged with zigzag stitching.
On the right side is another pocket. Because you can never have too many pockets! :-D
This fabric is one of my favourites. I made a bag from it last year. :-)