I started this quilt top at the start of 2015 and finished it well over a year ago and then nothing happened. It’s difficult to pin a quilt sandwich together when you have no space to do so.
I tried using my inlaws’ washing line, but that didn’t work. At all. So I decided I’d try clamping the quilt to a table. I got hold of some clamps but I didn’t want to use our nice dining table so I had to wait until I got my studio back and had room to work around my desk.
Which I finally did a few weeks ago! It was a bit fiddly and the clamps I bought are really tight, I have to use both hands to ‘operate’ them. The result isn’t perfect, but it did work. I just need a bit more practice using this technique.