I’ve been doodling some quilt designs where I wanted to use half square triangles and drunkard’s patch blocks. One of the ideas was this one with four stylized tulips. Before I dove into making a ‘proper’ version of it, I thought I’d make a smaller one and this is it.
I pulled fabrics from my stash of Karen Lewis prints on Kona cotton combined with this…turmeric yellow solid I bought in Denmark. For this test the fabrics weren’t that important, I just wanted to see how it would look and feel in actual fabric and not just a sketch on my tablet. :-)
Overall I’m pretty happy with how it turned out. Although the orange flower kinda disappears into the background. But it’s a test so it’s fine. To make the drunkard’s path blocks, I used the templates from Papper Sax Sten I mentioned a little while ago. I used the smallest size, each finished square is 1 3/4″ square. For my ‘proper’ version I’m going to use the largest size, with finished blocks are 7″ square if I recall correctly. Quite a size difference! :-D