Finished 2021 Temperatures Embroidery

Well, aaalmost. I’m still contemplating how to mount/frame/whatever the finished embroidery.

But, I can show you the finished embroidery itself. I don’t want to wait any longer because I enjoyed the project and I want to inspire you to do your own and the sooner you start the better! :-D

Speaking of inspiring you to do your own project, I have made an updated version of the pattern/template. It now includes both a 365 and a 366 template plus I have included the numbers for more years so it’s easy to swap the right year into the project. I have also included my tips for working on the project, based on my own experience of this mad thing! :-) You can buy the template here.

Anyway, here it is. And drumroll, please, because I’m so chuffed with this project! :-)

I’m so happy with it! And so happy that I actually finished it! Because although I did enjoy it, there were times when I really didn’t want to do another spiderweb rose! So many hours went into this. Maybe if I’d realised how much time, I might not have started it. :-D

The embroidery is a little bit wonky but it has managed to stay pretty much square. I was a bit worried about that because while it was rolled on the frame I wasn’t able to keep an eye on that.

And something else I couldn’t keep an eye on: the size of the stitches. And that has most definitely not stayed the same for all the stitches! They have grown gradually larger. :-D

Compare the first two rows (January) in the picture above with the rest of the rows (Nov-Dec). In the beginning the stitches were nice and separated but later on they are more or less touching. Oops! At least the change is gradual so if I hadn’t pointed it out, no one would probably notice. Oh well. I love the finished embroidery, wonky stitches and all. :-)

View from an angle above a white piece of fabric embroidered with 365 two-colour circles in lots of different combinations.

I love all these random colour combinations. It was kind of a weird project for me. Making it, I mean. The colours for my embroideries are a very important part of the process. But in this project I had no control over which colours would go where. Apart from picking the colour range of course. I like it! Although I wish there had been more orange days! :-)

Please follow and like us:
Pin Share
Follow:

2 Comments

  1. Cecile
    January 31, 2022 / 3:29 pm

    I love this! Congratulations

    • Carina
      Author
      February 2, 2022 / 1:41 pm

      Thank you!! :-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Privacy Policy