I have made quite a few long term projects over the past few years. A steps quilt, temperature embroideries (2021 and 2022), 100 day projects (satin dots and stitch sampler) etc.
I love making this kind of projects but before I started doing them I wished there was some kind of resource with tips for how to make one. Well, there is now, because I wrote an ebook about it. Write the book you want to read! :-D
It is called Temperature Quilts, Embroideries And Other Slow Craft Projects.
It is full of all the advice and tips I could possibly think of from my experience with my own projects. I hope it will be useful to others. Whether you are already planning on starting a project or maybe this will inspire one.
Some of the things covered in the ebook:
- How to work out a temperature scale (I also include the one I use)
- Deciding on the size of the project
- Ideas for things to track
- How to keep track of your information
- Tips on preparing for a large project
- How to estimate the amount of materials you will need
- Design/layout of your project
- Quilt block suggestions
- Interviews with others about their projects, including Jo Avery and Karen Lewis.
- Templates and tracking spreadsheets
Buy the ebook here: Temperature Quilts, Embroideries And Other Slow Craft Projects.